The Liebster Award is awarded by one person to their ten favorite up and coming blogs (up and coming is defined as a blog with under 200 followers). Furthermore, liebster is German for “dearest.”
I would like to thank Brandi from Lipstick & Tractors. I am truly touched and honored that you nominated me for such an award. Thank you so much! 🙂
Now, you are probably wondering how The Liebster Award works. Well Brandi asked me 10 questions that I now have to answer.
Those questions were:
1. Where did you grow up? In a small town, in a big city, or in the country? On a farm, an acreage, or a downtown apartment?
I grew up on the outskirts of Edinburgh, a major city in Scotland. I spent half my time in the big city and other half out in the Scottish countryside village of Roslin.
2. Do you have any pets? If no, did you have any in the past?
I have two cats; Mittens and Saphy. I have 5 chickens, share 4 horses and I used to have a golden retriever named Lucy.
3. What is your favorite recipe?
I really don’t have one. I bake like crazy so maybe my favourite recipe SO FAR is any type of Peek-a-boo or Surprise cakes. It is a cake inside a cake so to speak.
4. One item you can’t live without? That is a hard one…my phone or my camera.
5. Why did you start blogging? July 2013
6. What was your first vehicle? Oh lord….a 1995 Ford Taurus…a mess. I had it for about 6 months.
7. What’s your family like? Brothers, sisters? Married? Children?
I am engaged, I have one younger sister, my mother is here is the states with me, the rest of my family is back home in Scotland and scattered over the UK.
8. What are your hobbies?
My hobbies are horse riding, dancing, writing, reading, singing, photography, party and event planning, crafting…I have a lot of hobbies but those are just some.
9. Hollywood has decided to film a movie about your life, who did they cast to play you?
Ha! Probably Sandra Bullock, Catherine Heigel or…oh jeez, I don’t know! LOL!
10. What do you want to accomplish in your life?
A lot. I am a go getter so I get my heart set on something and work hard to accomplish it. I would like to be married this year as long we don’t have anymore hick-ups with the plans, I would like to buy a house by this time next year and hopefully have children by 25/26. I would like to accomplish more in the horse circuit, and become an equine and animal assisted therapist. I will probably own a farm or estate in both the states and the UK but probably the UK first. I have so much I would like to accomplish I can’t even begin to start writing the rest down…you would all be reading this for months. Ha ha!
Now, it is my turn to nominate 10 people. Should these people choose to accept, they must adhere to the following rules:
Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
Answer the 10 questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
Nominate 10 of your favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination.
Come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
My nominees are:
6. TBN Ranch
Here are my questions for you to answer:
1. If you could do anything in world (which you can anyway) and money was not a worry, what would you do?
2. What is your favourite colour?
3. What is your dream job?
4. If you could talk to and hang out with any celebrity (alive or dead) for a day, who would it be?
5. When did you start blogging and what made you decide to blog?
6. Do you prefer to bake or cook? What is your favourite recipe?
7. If you were President, what is the one thing you would change or try to accomplish first and foremost?
8. Where would you go on a dream vacation?
9. What is one quirky or unique thing about you?
10. Do you follow sports and have a favourite team?
Thanks again to Brandi for nominating me for this award and congratulations to all the nominees.