Y’all…I am still reeling from an incredible 4 days at the Ram National Circuit Finals Rodeo. I missed seeing a lot of you there but there is always next year AND the 139th Silver Spurs Rodeo is coming again June 2nd and 3rd 2017. I can officially say I am addicted to rodeo…if that is the worst thing I get addicted to in life, that is fine with me. We cannot wait to start hitting the road & cover other rodeos also.
So one of the main reasons that I love the RNCFR is how they treat their contestants. When contestants qualify to make it to the RNCFR they are given $1000 to help towards travel costs etc since we all know that traveling to Florida can be a pain in the rear end. This year was the 30th anniversary of the RNCFR & they had lots of goodies for the general public who graced us with their presence throughout the 4 days of the rodeo.
In addition to the fantastic Tailgating Experience, zip line, vendors & activities for families of all sizes, the quality of the roughstock is absolutely brilliant! Last year at the 2016 RNCFR I fell in love with a buckin’ horse out of Painted Pony Champion Pro Rodeo called Unv. Mama Don’t Know & she was there again this year & man did I drroooooollll! If I could get to hang out with that horse for a day, I would be in heaven. Unv. Mama Don’t Know is a dream to look at & watch perform along with her other roughstock “colleagues”. They never fail to impress at the RNCFR, that’s for sure!
More great news to come from the 2017 rodeo season is that the PRCA has welcomed the Mexico Circuit & the Mexico Rodeo Federation in to the mix along with the RNCFR which builds on the rodeo fan base & helps bring new contestants into the mix. International Cowgirl will cover this more in-depth in weeks to come.
The champions of the RNCFR “receive a $20,000 voucher for a new RAM vehicle, a Polaris RANGER UTV, a pair of exotic boots from Justin Boots, trophy saddle from Cactus Saddlery, and a Montana Silversmith buckle, in addition to their winnings.” – RNCFR Website, About.
The winners of the 2017 Ram National Circuit Finals Rodeo are:
- Bareback Riding – R.C Landingham out of the California Circuit with an awesome 88.50 points on Korkow Rodeo’s Onion Ring.
- Steer Wrestling – Justin Shaffer out of the Texas Circuit with a ninja quick 3.6 second win.
- Team Roping – Jesse Stipes & Buddy Hawkins II out of the Prairie Circuit crushing it with a 4.9 second run.
- Saddle Bronc – Jacobs Crawley out of the Texas Circuit with a smokin’ 89.5 point ride on Stace Smith Pro Rodeo’s Resistol Top Hat.
- Barrel Racing – Emily Miller out of the Prairie Circuit flying that cloverleaf pattern with a 15.27 second run.
- Bull Riding – Tanner Learmont out of the Texas Circuit with a cool 78 point ride on Silver Spurs Club’s Hang Em High.
- Overall Champion – Josh Peek for the third year running.
- Team Title – Prairie Circuit.
Congratulations to all the champions of the 2017 Ram National Circuit Finals Rodeo.
As always, thanks for stopping by & stay tuned for more!
God Bless & stay safe!